- Duration: 6 hours
- Activity level: medium (bus and walking)
This tour combines sightseeing in Pärnu with visits to the herb garden of Tamme Farm, a paradise of smells and tastes, and genuine Russian hospitality at the Russian Farmyard.
Following pick-up at the port, the tour begins with sightseeing in Tamme Farm with its fabulous herb garden to experience something unique. A walk in the paradise of smells and tastes is guided by the owner herself. A delicious light meal of herb tea and home-made herb pie follows the walk. The farm shop sells its products ranging from preserves to teas to spice mixes.
The next destination is Sanga-Tõnise Farm, known as the Russian Farmyard. It is like a small slice of Russian culture presented on an Estonian farm with a long and interesting history. Russian folk costumes from various regions, traditional household tools and a collection of samovars are on display. In the farmyard, you will see an authentic Russian oven and a high, lace-like fence. The highlight is a collection of colourful Khokhloma handicraft items. The owners prepare tea in a samovar and bring Russian gingerbread and ring-shaped cracknels (baranki) to the table for another light snack in the tour.
After tea, we return to Pärnu, the summer capital of Estonia. Pärnu is a wonderful combination of a small-town charm and liveliness of a seaside resort. Touring of the seaside and the old town is followed by a lunch break.
At the port visitors can do some shopping at the special pop-up handicraft market.
- Maximum group size: 40 people
- Minimum group size: 20 people
- 00:00 Departure from the port of Pärnu, drive to Tamme Farm
- 00:20 Gardens of Tamme Farm (WC available), light snack
- 01:20 Drive to Sanga-Tõnise Farm
- 01:35 Exploring the Russian Farmyard (WC available), tea from samovar
- 02:40 Return journey to Pärnu
- 03:00 Pärnu sightseeing by bus
- 03:40 Guided walk in the Old Town
- 04:30 2-course lunch
- 05:30 Return to the port
- 05:40 Visiting the pop-up handicraft market at the port
- guide services
- 2-course lunch
- sightseeing in Pärnu and guided tours in Tamme Farm and Russian Farmyard
- tea and herb pie
- tea from samovar
- visiting a pop-up handicraft market, specially set up for cruise guests